Hope you all are doing well.
I have been getting messages from few people who work really hard in gym and want a pure protein recipe. As promised, today I am going to make a salad using Chickpeas, Kidney Beans, Almonds, chicken, mixed greens and nuts. If you feel like adding more to their protein you can add boiled egg whites to it.
Spicy Roasted Almonds:
- 1 cup Raw Almonds
- 1 tsp, Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Quinoa, Cooked (You can even use Rice)
- 3-4 Cups Mixed Greens (Choose any: Lettuce, Pears, Baby Spinach, Cabbage)
- 1/2 cup Kidney Beans, Cooked
- 1/2 Chickpeas, Cooked
- 1/4 Red Onion, Sliced
- Toasting almonds:
- Combine almonds, olive oil and species in a bowl. Mix well until the almonds are evenly coated.
- Heat a skillet to medium,-high heat. Add the spiced almonds to the pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the almonds starts to brown. When almonds are done, remove from skillet and let them cool.
2. Assembling the salad:
- Toss mixed greens, quinoa, beans and onion with your favorite salad dressing until evenly combined.
Serve with your favorite salad dressing.
Note: You can add mixed nuts, veggies, boiled egg whites, cheese also.