Today, we are going to make a veg salad using corns and beans. I love corns and when it comes to making it healthier, all we need is to add black beans and feta/soya cheese and we are good to go.
This salad is easy to make and can be used as stuffing for your favorite bread or chapatis. Lime juice gives it a refreshing flavor. You can even use it as a late night snack. Who doesn’t get late night cravings after all?
After dinner while the time I actually go to sleep has like 2-3 hours of difference and I get hungry by that time. I mostly, keep a container full of corn salad right next to my bed. Because I’m too lazy to go and search in the refrigerator. I know I’m lazy, But don’t judge me (It is already late in the night after all ).
- 3 Cups Corn
- 1 Cup Black Beans, Cooked/Canned
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro,Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Red Bell pepper, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese/ Soya Cheese, Crumbled
- Few Drops Of Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Heat oil over medium to high heat in a pan.
- Add garlic and corn.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until corns are done. Keep on tossing frequently to cook it evenly.
- Add lime juice and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients corn mix, black beans, pepper, onion, cilantro and cheese.
- Serve with your favourite salad dressing.