Did you know that body weight is approximately 60% water? The body loses water through breathing, sweating, digestion, which is why it’s important to rehydrate yourself by drinking fluids or eating food that contains water.
Summer is the season when we sweat too much due to humidity in the air and we get dehydrated easily. It is really important to drink 10-12 glasses of water daily, to keep your body working in a healthy way. Dehydration may lead to the following symptoms:
- An increase in body temperature
- Muscle cramps
Tips To Stay Hydrated :
- Hydrating Food: Drinking is not the only way to stay hydrated. There are plenty of fruits & vegetables, which are 90% of the water by weight. Time to enjoy such fruits and veggies.
- Enjoy Your Salad : Vegetables contain a huge amount of water, which is approximately 90% of their weight. Cucumber, Tomato, Lettuce, Bell-Pepper, Broccoli, Spinach, Carrots are the major sources of water. All you have to do is make a nice salad using them and you are good to go.
- Fruit Platter : Nature provides us a huge amount of fruits during summer, because nature loves to maintain the balance balance. The fruits like Watermelon, Mango, Pineapple, Kiwi, Apple, Strawberry are rich in water. Time to enjoy your favourite fruits to keep yourself hydrated.
- Yogurt : Yogurt is the best option for rehydration. You can have it in the flavoured version or just make a parfait using it to enjoy the summer.
- Hydrating Drinks : Drinking water or infused water is the most important key to survive the summer. All you have to do is add few slices of lemon to get the refreshing flavour in water. Hydrating yourself is easy when the drinks are tasty.
- Fat-Free Milk : Milk is an excellent source of calcium as well as it is the best for rehydration of the body. It is natural and better than other drinks.
- Smoothie : Enjoy your favourite smoothie to keep yourself hydrated. Smoothies are one of the tastiest options for summer. You can get the smoothie recipes on my blog.
- Coconut Water : Coconut water is another healthy and natural option for rehydration.